Bord na Móna hosted a special Family Fun Day in aid of Barretstown in Lough Boora Parklands, Co. Offaly on Sunday 19 August 2012, in conjunction with National Heritage Week. The event itself was free and boasted a wide variety of activities for all ages, with parking fees donated to Barretstown. It was the perfect way for families to mark the end of the summer holidays before the kids headed back to school.
The day’s activities included:
- art and sculpture workshops;
- fishing at Loch an Dochais;
- bike tours through the parklands;
- storytelling and puppetry;
- face painting and much more.
Learn more about Cycling and Bike Hire at Lough Boora.
Visit the Barretstown website