As part of a partnership between Bord na Móna and Fáilte Ireland, the new Visitor Centre at Lough Boora Discovery Park sits at the edge of Loch an Dochais and provides access to visitor information, public toilets, a cafe, picnic area and car park.
The Pavilion provides a space for events, group activities and information about Lough Boora’s history. The park is accessible for all ages and abilities.
We remind all visitors:
- the car park is €5 to use, on exit you can tap your card at the barrier;
- please respect the art and the landscape;
- look and touch but do not climb on the sculptures;
- children must be accompanied by an adult;
- please do not litter;
- bring your rubbish home with you;
- there is no alcohol permitted in the park;
- please do not enter areas marked “No public access”;
- photography is permitted for personal use;
- please respect other visitors;
- dogs are welcome but must be kept on leads
- do not wade or swim in the canal or lakes; and
- no horses, quad bikes or jeeps are allowed along the walkways.
Explore the park’s sculptures, lakes, wetlands and facilities on our interactive map.
Plan your next trip using our maps and trails to access detailed walking and cycling route information.
Visit Lough Boora Discovery Park.
Prepare for your trip to Lough Boora: