Book your school tour
Guided tours for schools run from April through October and can be tailored to each age group’s needs. The tours take participants through the Sculpture Park and a field study area, including a nature walk, examination of local flora and wildlife and the history of Bord na Móna.
We offer tours to suit all ages and abilities, including:
- Play schools;
- National schools;
- Secondary schools;
- Transition year students; and
- Special Needs schools.
Topics we explore:
- Science – the flora, wildlife and biodiversity at Lough Boora;
- Geography – the history of Bord na Móna;
- History – the Mesolithic Site;
- Art – the Sculpture Park walking route; and
- Extracurricular – walking, cycling, angling and bird watching activities available.
Important tour information:
- tours must be booked in advance;
- fees apply – please complete our online enquiry form for details;
- all ages and abilities;
- available Monday through Friday from 9am to 5pm;
- offered from April through October;
- one-and-a-half hours in length;
- peak months are May and June; and
- delivered by Lough Boora experts who cater to your group’s needs.
For more information and to enquire about a tour for your school, please contact our team at Lough Boora Discovery Park.